I have been reflecting over the past few months of my life, and have truly realized I have learned and discovered so many things. I think that my list will continue to be added to. I could write a whole book about everything the Father has shown me and taught me along the way of this journey. By no means is this an exhaustive list or a complete one because each day, I am learning something new. Some days are still a great struggle, but it’s on those days, especially, I am grateful for all that He has taught me because without those lessons, I would not be prepared to get through this day.
I have learned:
1. The Father is truly my best friend. It may sound cheesy or cliche, but I really want to tell Him about everything. He is the One I want to talk to and dwell in.
2. I am satisfied in and by the Lord. Never before have I truly been and I still, daily, am falling more deeply into Him.
3. TAIWAN. Need I say much more? It changed my life FOREVER.
4. Eating a chicken heart isn’t necessarily a good idea. :)
5. I have a beautiful inheritance. (Psalm 16)
6. A specific people group has captured my heart. “Peace and calm comes from becoming tied to the people God wants you to reach and knowing the Father’s heart.”
7. The Church is GLOBAL.
8. Prayer IS powerful.
9. God’s perspective is eternal.
10. Faith AND suffering are BOTH given by God. Philippians 1:29
11. Yahweh IS faithful.
12. Saved from a negative relationship.
13. I was blessed with close, intimate friends, through my roommates and others.
14. God is near.
15. He NEVER ever abandons me.
16. Salmonella is painful and nasty!
17. My grandparents love me.
18. Nurse Judy in Taiwan. She was such a blessing.
19. I like to shower.
20. “This is Not the End.” -Gungor
21. I must hold tight to Truth.
22. The Lord held me in the hospital.
23. Jesus’ Name IS powerful.
24. My life has a purpose.
25. It’s one thing to know the truths, and it’s another thing to believe them. – I’m still learning to believe.
26. He still gets the glory.
27. Ice is not easily attainable in Taipei.
28. I really really love people.
29. Healing is solely in the Father’s hands.
30. It’s good to be quiet and still before the Lord.
31. God is my victory.
32. I have no regrets about following Jesus.
33. My parents are AWESOME :D
34. I love too cook! I love nutrition! (See my other blog “Eating to Live” www.healthyyummyeats.wordpress.com)
35. He sees my tears.
36. I should take a stock in baby wipes from Target.
37. God cares about the little details.
38. The Manilla, Philippines airport is a very crazy place.
39. The Lord truly is my strength.
40. Jet Lag + sick + hospital = bad combination
41. Being in a wheel chair gets you through airports really quick!! FYI
42. Psalm 18- I LOVE this psalm. These were my hospital verses.
43. I’m learning that the Lord’s ways ARE perfect.
44. God is constant through all the trials and the change.
45. My timetable is not the Lord’s.
46. Sometimes I worship God’s plans instead of God.
47. I love the gospel. The gospel is beautiful.
48. I want to tell everyone about it!
49. Learning contentment in all things.
50. Joy comes and is still found.
51. The Spirit truly intercedes on my behalf.
52. PSALM 126 PSALM 126 PSALM 126 PSALM 126
53. Crying is good.
54. Sowing seed with my tears.
55. Following Jesus is hard.
56. He gives me Himself.
57. Suffering drives me closer to Him.
58. Be real. Be honest with God because He already knows.
59. A broken heart hurts.
60. It is good to sing to You, Lord.
61. Waiting, even though I don’t understand, brings God glory.
62. When all else is stripped away, it causes me to love Him more.
I’m just trying to follow Jesus along the way, and I am learning many things. In fact, on days or weeks like I’ve been having lately, it’s these things that I have to remind myself of. I have to remind myself to cling to truth and believe it because He’s already been teaching me. I encourage you to follow Jesus along the way, and even when it’s hard, He gives you unfathomable and unspeakable hope and joy because He gives you Himself. I can attest to that. When all around me is faltering, all I have left is Him. And that, brothers and sisters, is worth it all. Although the journey has been rough, He is worth every single step of it.
Following Jesus along the way,